Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I love you Grandma!

Yesterday, after a wonderful 92 years, my Grandma Bonnie went to heaven to be with Jesus.  Although there have been many tears and moments of sadness, I can also look back on all the ways she blessed my life.  First off, I was named after one of the most amazing ladies in the world... my grandma.  Many of our family traditions and memories have grandma being a part of them, but now I am at peace knowing that she is pain-free and in the life that we are all hoping to be a part of someday.  The biggest blessing was the fact that she was healthy and strong for Aaron and my wedding this summer.  I will never forget that day with grandma.  When I think of grandma, I think of her strong faith, her waving goodbye out her front door as we drove away from our visits, her candy counter, her wrinkly hands that I would always play with, her love for junk food, and many more.  I will miss you every day grandma, but I know that you are in a better place!
  It was such a blessing to have grandma at our wedding this summer!

4 comments:

T-spoon's Adventures! said...

I love this picture. she is so precious.

The Johnsons said...

Love you both, and I know she's proud that YOU will carry on her name!

Haiti Ladies said...

My precious, Bonnie! What a wonderful tribute to your grandma who loved you SO MUCH!! She couldn't have been more proud of you or more excited for you on your wedding day! She loved Aaron too and thought you picked a pretty great guy! Thanks for being the amazing daughter and grand-daughter that you are!

mmsnyder said...

Im so sorry to hear that :( Sounds you like you had a very special Grandma... :)